Jan 11, 2010

Second Life Business

Coming into Second Life several months ago, I noticed you can't go far without seeing sims of stores and malls galore. Seeing all these, I thought wow, looks like rocket science... And still now, some things go way over my head like scripting. I never really thought of trying business out in Second Life, but the cost of some things makes you start looking for the nearest Second Life Walmart, lol. And being a role player finding a certain item in the fiery depths of Second Life is like a needle in a haystack. So my quest for the Holy Grail, I made my first little cube prim! I thought I was a God! Well no not really...But I was happy with my little cube I had no clue what to do with, lol.

I'm still learning alot, but its fun. So after making western era furniture, grew tired of that, and started looking at clothing. Lets see... *tallys up some random numbers in his head* 5.3 million womens era clothing compared to 5 mens outfits. Exaggerated, but you catch my drift. So my Second Life store "Rustic Wares" is more of a hobby to supply western role players with items, rather then try to become a linden millionaire. I try to make my items more worn and lived in, history wise not alot were rich on the rugged western frontier and I'm pretty sure they didn't have a dry cleaners back in the 19th century either, lol. So my quest continues on making clothing that reflects the poor, working class, miners and black slaves in that era for role players. Pictures will follow soon, as this is still a work in progress.

I'm finally catching onto the clothing templates, so thats coming along alot faster in Photoshop now. Should have a selection to choose from, once the Deadwood reset happens in March. Let the good times role!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Glen! I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah my thoughts are cluttered up in my head somewhere...Thanks Cici you too.

    ReplyDelete