Jan 10, 2010

Second Life Blogging?!?!

Okay here I am...I ventured onto new pastures. "Blogging" I have heard mentions and seen a few posts of these "Seconds Life Bloggers" And always thought that was for real life musings and rants. But for Second Life?? Interesting concept, never thought about it, but now seeing many role player blogs, it caught my interest, so here I am! *his eyes shift around his empty padded blogger room*

It all started 6 months or so months ago, I stumbled upon Second Life for a second time, this time with a faster computer so I could actually walk more then 3 feet. I ventured to many of these "sims" and tried to figure out what a "prim" was and all these other strange and bizarre terms. After getting familiar with the basics, I sat and thought "Well is that it??" Wandering aimlessly really didn't seem like much of a "Second Life" Until one day I discovered the all mighty and great search bar... It all changed! I stumbled upon role play sims while I was searching, and surprisingly enough there was almost every type of role play scenario out there! From Star Wars, to drug lords, to being a blood crazed zombie, the list went on and on, and the more intrigued I became. I visited several, but something was missing, these role play sims were not the meat and potatoes I was looking for to fulfill my need. I stumbled upon this western role play sim "Tombstone" Hmmm the western life never really did intrest me, but I was up for trying anything. After spending 20 minutes or so waiting for a "greeter" I got fed up and found another western sim "Deadwood" Not the slightest clue of what it was about, except it was western role play. I started out in the area of "Yanktown" to thumb thru the rules and grab a meter and venture onto the wagon like so many before me...

I stepped off the wagon, into the lazy town of Deadwood. I wandered around and stumbled upon a wedding reception of "Mollie and Blitzer" at the Bella Union. The characters were dressed surprisingly well for the era, and the detail of the buildings and town itself were done great, it made me want to stay and "learn" of this little sim of Deadwood. The role play had plots and twists! Every character there had been well thought out and planned, with something up their sleeves be it good or evil for the town, I was hooked! Learning that Deadwood was actually based on history itself, made it even more appealing. Its a history lesson and a step back in time all at once, with even mind boggling schemes like that of the game of "Clue". I knew where to get my meat and potatoes now! Several months later I am still here in Deadwood as the "Sherrif" and still enjoying all the new plots that come about!

No comments:

Post a Comment